Massage is a wonderful way to reduce aches, pains and problems due to muscle tension, and tension resulting from everyday stresses. There are some wonderful techniques you can apply to help reduce the muscular aches, pains, and stress your family and friends may suffer from.
The workshop is a fun, enjoyable and a relaxing way to spend time with family or friends and learn a new skill that can be yours to take away.
This workshop is designed to give you useful massage techniques to help:
- Reduce stress and tension
- Aches and pains from all that exercise, or sitting at a desk
- Relieve the tension your children feel when revising for exams and after exercise
- Posture imbalances causing aches and pains.
What you’ll learn
- How to massage without causing pain or pressing too hard
- How to avoid making your own hands ache when giving a massage
- Techniques that will be very effective
- Benefits of massage
- When not to use massage
- Practical learning general massage techniques
- Practical learning: legs and feet, arms and hands, back, shoulders.
You’ll practice techniques to massage your family or friends after they’ve played sport and spent time in the garden, for example; or if they just need to relax and forget about the day. This will include areas on the back, neck and shoulders, legs, feet, arms and hands.
How do I book?
- This is not a course of alleviate medical problems, injuries or long term issues. You should seek medical help in these situations.
- This is not a course to teach massage techniques to use in a professional capacity.
Dates and times
Sunday 19th January 2020
Saturday 15th February 2020
10am to 4:00pm with a break for lunch. Lunch is available at the local shops near the venue. If there is a day/time you prefer not listed, please contact me.
How much it costs
Friends and family massage workshop is £55 per person. Discount available on block bookings of six or more.
Price includes refreshments and oils on the day, but please bring your own lunch.
To be confirmed in Newbury or Thatcham. If block booking for more than six people, the course can be held near you.
How do I book?
If you give more than seven days notice before the date of the event, a full refund will be given.
This course is not a formal qualification.
Injuries and long term problems should be dealt with by a professional. Contact Janet if you would like to discuss.
Families with children age 10 plus are welcome. Also people on their own.
Gift vouchers are available. What a great gift for birthday or Christmas!