CranioSacral Therapy (CST)
What is Cranio-Sacral Therapy?
CranioSacral Therapy is a light touch body work that can create big improvements in your life.
Everyday our bodies absorb stresses and strains, traumas (emotional and physical), and injuries. After a time, the tissues begin to change and tighten in response to these situations. The body remembers this most recent state and holds on to it. Each new trauma/stress etc, will be held by the body.
CranioSacral Therapy can release these tensions, allowing the body to relax and self correct. This is called the Inner Physician. The central nervous system can be freed to improve performance and may reduce pain and stress and enhance your health and wellbeing. CST will work on your cranio-sacral system; the system of fluids and soft tissues around your brain and down your spine to your sacrum.
CST is an efficient preventative therapy helping to keep your body in optimal health.
What happens in a session?
- Consultation with all medical situations noted, historical and current.
- A discussion on how to proceed will take place, answering any questions you have about the therapy.
- Fully clothed, the session will take 1 hour to 1.5 hours.
- Delicate and precise, but gentle techniques are used to release the body tissues on and around the central nervous system. The cranio-sacral system can be felt throughout the body so other parts of the body may be worked, releasing soft tissues that may have been impacted by any historical events and situations.
- Remember you are in charge. The therapist is assisting your body to heal and improve.
This is not to replace medication, or other therapies you may be having to help with your situation.